To see or post comments, click on the blog post title to be "in" the post.
I have a new blog! It's over at my new website. So make sure to go over there for new posts as this blog will be closing soon!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

List of entries that made it to the next round

Today is the day.  And I mean THE day.  The one you've all been waiting for.  The ones that made it to the next round.  This was a really hard decision for me, but I've come up with a list, based on your choices and mine, of who was going to the next round.


I want to spend a little bit of time to tell you why I picked these entries over the others. I'll start on how I narrowed down the list.  First I went through and read all the entries.  Even if I didn't comment because I ran out of time, I did read all of them.  I checked marked each one I felt should go to the next round.  Which was a LOT.  LOL.  Then, I went through and marked down all the ones that people specifically told me should go to the next round.  So, I was now down a few  entries, but there were a ton left, so I went back over the list, picking entries that best fit what SA was looking for.  And of course, the biggest consideration was, was it ready?  The actual sample of course.  Of course, the query WAS a consideration, but I felt the biggest emphasis should be placed on the sample as the determining factor.  So you may notice that there are a few entries where you felt the query wasn't really all that good, but the sample was kick @SS.  Some entries were removed before I could make a decision.


So now we're down to 25.  SA has asked for me to give her until June 1 to let her go over these 25 and make a decision.  She may or may not give me a short list as she goes of which ones didn't make the cut.


However, in the meantime, I'll be doing query critiques.  So, if you've made it to the next round you can relax and cross those fingers!  If you didn't, why don't you take those suggestions that were given to you and fix those queries!  Send them back to me and I'll critique them (I'll try to do one a day) and then post them on the site to let the others do it as well. Rules for this will go up in another post. Similar to how Query Shark does it, only of course, I'm not an agent.  :D Also, the SA contest will be ongoing.  I'm working on lining up another agent as we speak.  So just because you didn't make it this time, doesn't mean you won't next time.  Same goes for the ones that don't win this contest.  As long as you don't place 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.  Please feel free to resubmit. 


And, please remember, just because you're not on the list that went forward doesn't mean your stuff wasn't great, a lot of the decision just came from whether or not it was something I felt the agent would like to see more of.


Congratulations to the following(in no particular order)!


1) #5 Sublime

2) #4 Destined

3) #6 Lure

4) #7 Perfection

5) #8 Benches

6) #9 Broken

7) #11 VELVET BALL AND THE BROKEN FAIRY

8) #13 PREYERS

9) #15 WILDFLOWER EYES

10) #16 The Faithful

11) #17 TEMPEST

12) #18 REVENGE OF THE PINK GRANNY PANTIES

13) #20 Everything That Matters

14) #21 Confessions of the World’s Oldest Shotgun Bride

15) #25 PRETTY GIRLS MAKE GRAVES

16) #26 THE OTHER LIFE

17) #27 KINGDOM JUMPER

18) #28 LARCH

19) #30 The Beautiful People

20) #31 BITE ME, YOUR GRACE

21) #32 VITILIGO

22) #33 Secrets Revealed

23) #36 THE BOOK OF GENERATIONS

24) #37 Dying to See You

25) #39 FATED MISHAPS