To see or post comments, click on the blog post title to be "in" the post.
I have a new blog! It's over at my new website. So make sure to go over there for new posts as this blog will be closing soon!

Friday, August 6, 2010

Blog Carnival: The Five Senses


 

Oasis for YA is having a blog carnival today and each of the Oasis Ladies was assigned a particular sense.  I have scent. Scent is a big thing for me.  You may notice it, if you ever get a chance to read my stories.  Here are the rules of this particular carnival: You've just graduated from high school and your awesome parents have taken you and your boy/girl-friend on the trip of a lifetime to the Seychelles Islands off the coast of Africa.  This (picture above) is the view from your hotel window. You have ONE paragraph to describe the setting, and you can use only ONE of your senses. Go.


Here's my paragraph on scent:

I stand at the railing of our balcony, letting the salty air and the fresh clean perfume of the sea wash over me.  A breeze blows bringing with it the aroma of the coconuts from my mother's suntan lotion and citrus from the oranges and grapefruits sitting in a bowl to my left.  Then I smell it.  The one fragrance I crave more than any other: the mixed scent of Irish Spring soap, sweat, and motor oil that can only be my boyfriend, Ben. His minty breath bathes the side of my face when he kisses along my throat and whispers “I love you,” in my ear.

To view the rest of the carnival and find out what the other fabulous ladies did with their senses please follow the bouncing ball:


Sight - by A.E.
Sound - by Nikki
Taste - by Jessie
Touch - by Sher

And we hope you'll join us.  Post your own description on your blog and link to it in the comments.  We'd love to see what inspiration you find from our prompt.