To see or post comments, click on the blog post title to be "in" the post.
I have a new blog! It's over at my new website. So make sure to go over there for new posts as this blog will be closing soon!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My hero: J.K. Rowling.

So, just a quick blog post today because I’m still in post-Harry Potter bliss.  Last night I went to an advanced screening of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I” and let me tell you, it was AWESOME.  Seriously and truly.
 
That, of course, prompted this blog post, because J.K. Rowling is my hero.  And I mean that.  I honestly don’t use that term lightly, but J.K. Rowling deserves it.  The fact that she started writing HP on napkins, on the train, and…everything else she did.  Then, to know her UK publisher gave her a teeny, tiny advance for it and it didn’t do very well at first, only to be picked up by Scholastic and do what it did…yeah, makes me realize that fairy tales do come true.
Also, the fact that she isn’t afraid to hurt her characters in a way that moves the story makes me envious.  I have such a hard time hurting my characters, but it’s necessary.  And I have to remind myself they’re not real. LOL.
 
If there was one person in the world I would want to meet and just talk to it would be her.  Because she seems so nice, despite having all the fame and money she could want.  And the fact that her writing has spurned hundreds of thousands of kids to read.  Yep, don’t think I could have picked a better hero.
Also, this probably isn't going to  happen, but I'm actually trying really, really hard to see if I can get an interview with her.  Like I said, it's probably just wishful thinking, but I can try.  Hasn't she taught us that nothing is impossible, no matter how improbable?
 
So, my lovelies, who’s your hero?  And why?