To see or post comments, click on the blog post title to be "in" the post.
I have a new blog! It's over at my new website. So make sure to go over there for new posts as this blog will be closing soon!

Friday, November 19, 2010

Two more blog awards

I keep meaning to post these, but I never remember!  So, I'm doing it now.

Both of them come from another writing friend and the wonderful things she's said about me and my blog made me teary.  So thank you Dorothy Dreyer!

The first is a strange award.  No really that's what it's called!  And I LOVED this one.  It's SOO true!  I'm a bit strange and I celebrate it gladly!

 The next one is a beautiful Life is Good award and comes with questions, so here ya go:


Questions:

1. If you blog anonymously are you happy doing it that way; if you are not anonymous do you wish you had started out anonymously so you could be anonymous now?
No I love being open about my blog.  Besides that would completely ruin the point of wanting everyone to know who I am!  :D


2. Describe one incident that shows your inner stubborn side:
My husband would be able to answer that better than I can.  ; )


3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?
A little girl who wonders why she's looking at old, fat girl.  :D

4. What is your favourite summer cold drink?
Arnold Palmers:  1/2 lemonade, 1/2 iced tea

5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
Read a book in the bath or hot tub. Or go horseback riding in the woods.

6. Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?
Getting published.  Getting published.  And...oh yeah, getting published. :D


7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever , the shy person, or always ditching?
I was the shy one.  People thought I was rude and prissy because I was too nervous to speak to anyone.  And I always had a book with me so I wouldn't HAVE to talk to anyone.  I was just too shy, though.  If they'd come up and talked to me, I would have talked back.  I like making new friends.

 
8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment of your life what would you see?
Poignant as in touching, not poignant as in sad: the births of my children.
  (BTW, I totally stole this answer from Dorothy, because it's exactly right.

9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?
I don't know.  I guess it's just easier to use myself as an example, but I can do both fairly easily, so...I don't know.   

10. If you had the choice to sit down and read or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?
Definetely read.  I hate talking on the phone.  It makes me feel weird with all the silences that must be filled.  Give me a good book and a cold drink and I'm good to go.



So now I'm supposed to pass these on to other bloggers.  Here's my lovely list.  


The girls from Oasis For YA:

* Jessie  at The Daily Harrell
* Sheri at Writer’s Ally
* Nikki of her self-titled blog
* AE Rought at Love, Light and Shadows
Other writer friends
* Liz Czukas at her self-titled blog
* Larissa Hardesty at Larissa's World
* Jaclyn Dolamore at her self titled blog
* Kristi LaPointe at Mommy Barbie
* Adventure's In Children's Publishing
* Leah Crichton at her self titled blog
* MJ Heiser at Dispatches from Jaenrye
* Slushpile hero
* Jody Hedlund at her self-titled blog
* Lynn Rush at Catch the Rush
* Jordan Deen at her self titled blog