To see or post comments, click on the blog post title to be "in" the post.
I have a new blog! It's over at my new website. So make sure to go over there for new posts as this blog will be closing soon!

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Riddle me this



Almost every day my son comes up to me with a riddle. Either ones he's made up or ones that he's found through various means.  I love it when he comes up to me after I'm finished writing for the day. "Mom. Can I share one of my riddles now?"  I almost always say yes, because it's just awesome to see where his mind has gone for the day.  It's almost a game between us now. Can he stump mom today?  What about dad?  (Note: It's almost always harder to stump dad than mom.:P)

I think I'm going to make it a weekly feature on my blog where I choose one of my favorites from the week before and see if anyone else can get the riddle. 

The following one is really great. Or at least to me. :) So let's see how many can get this one right. And no cheating! LOL.

A king, a queen, and a princess lived in a circular castle. One day they all attended a ball in the ballroom. But when the king and queen left for the evening, they left the princess.  When they returned the next day, the princess was dead.

There were only four people who could have done it.  The cook who said he was sharpening his knives. The maid who said she was cleaning the corners. The knight who said he was sharpening his swords. And the butler who said he was guarding the door.

Who did it?