To see or post comments, click on the blog post title to be "in" the post.
I have a new blog! It's over at my new website. So make sure to go over there for new posts as this blog will be closing soon!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

RIP Ray Bradbury




Ray Bradbury was one of those authors that you just couldn't forget.  I first read his book Farenheit 451 in my 9th grade English class and I'll never forget how horrified I was at the world he portrayed.  A world where books were outlawed?  No way, I thought. But it didn't take me long to realize it isn't an impossible reality.


Thus began my love affair with dystopian literature. And my love of writing it.  And for that, Ray Bradbury will be one of my favorite authors.

Here are some of my favorite quotes from the man himself.

"Love is the answer to everything. It's the only reason to do anything. If you don't write stories you love, you'll never make it. If you don't write stories that other people love, you'll never make it."

"I don't try to describe the future. I try to prevent it."

"If we listened to our intellect, we'd never have a love affair. We'd never have a friendship. We'd never go into business, because we'd be cynical. Well, that's nonsense. You've got to jump off cliffs all the time and build your wings on the way down."

"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."

RIP and Godspeed, Ray Bradbury. The world is less bright today because you're not in it.